Professional Certified Investigator
The PCI® is designed for persons involved in the the fields of case management, evidence collection, and case presentation. Holders of the PCI® certification have demonstrated their credibility as professional investigators.
Candidates wishing to take the PCI® examination must first satisfy the following requirements:
Experience and Education
- Five (5) years of investigations experience, with at least two (2) years in case management.
- High school diploma or GED (School Certificate/University entrance) equivalent.
All ASIS programs are non-discriminatory. Eligibility for PCI® certification and recertification is denied only when an applicant does not meet relevant security-related criteria, when an applicant has violated the PCI® Code of Professional Responsibility, or when an applicant has committed an act that would reflect negatively on ASIS and the PCI® programme.
Definition of Terms
- "Investigations" is the logical collection of information through inquiry and examination for the purpose of developing evidence leading to problem resolution.
- "Experience" means that the individual has been personally engaged in investigations on a full-time basis, or as his or her primary duty. Included is:
- Experience as an investigator in the public or private sector.
- Experience with companies, associations, government, or other organisations furnishing services or equipment, including consulting firms, provided the duties and responsibilities substantively relate to investigations.
- Experience as a full-time educator on the faculty of an accredited educational institution provided the responsibilities for courses and other duties relate primarily to knowledge areas pertinent to investigations.
- "Case Management" is the coordination and direction of an investigation utilising various disciplines and resources, the findings of which would be assessed to establish the facts/findings of the investigations a whole; the management process of the investigation.
The applicant must not have been convicted of any criminal offence that would reflect negatively on the security profession, ASIS, and the PCI™ programme. Successful Completion of an examination is required for all applicants who meet the experience and/or education and responsible charge criteria. Candidates must pass the examination to achieve the PCI® designation.