Physical Security Professional
The PSP® is designed for persons involved in the application, design, installation and consultancy of security measures being implemented throughout the community. As with the PCI®, this brings an internationally recognised programme designed to add credibility to professionals involved in the security world. The PSP® tests your knowledge and skills in the following fields:
- Physical security assessment
- Selection of integrated physical security measures, and
- Implementation of physical security measures
Candidates wishing to take the PSP® examination must first satisfy the following requirements:
Experience and Education
- An earned Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education AND four (4) years of progressive physical security experience OR.
- An earned High School Diploma, GED equivalent or Associate's degree AND six (6) years of experience in the physical security field.
- The applicant must not have been convicted of any criminal offence that would reflect negatively on the security profession, ASIS, or the certification programme.
All ASIS programs are non-discriminatory. Eligibility for PSP® certification and recertification is denied only when an applicant does not meet relevant security-related criteria or when an applicant has committed an act that would reflect negatively on ASIS and the PSP® programme.
Definition of Terms
- "Physical Security" means the various physical measures designed to safeguard personnel, property, and information.
- "Experience" means that the individual has been personally engaged in the physical security field on a full-time basis, or as his or her primary duty. Included is:
- Experience as a security practitioner in the protection of assets in the public or private sector.
- Experience with companies, associations, government, or other organisations furnishing services or equipment, including consulting firms, provided the duties and responsibilities substantively relate to physical security.
- Experience as a full-time educator on the faculty of an accredited educational institution provided the responsibilities for courses and other duties relate primarily to knowledge areas pertinent to the operation of physical security programme in the public or private sectors.
Successful Completion of Exam
An examination is required for all applicants who meet the experience and education criteria. Candidates must pass the examination to achieve the PSP® designation.